The mission of the University of North America is to support a diverse student population by providing high quality graduate education in business and technology that is student-centered, practitioner-oriented and globally focused.
The University supports this mission by developing curricula which are continually improved through outcomes assessment and consultation with practitioner faculty and advisory councils. UoNA delivers its programs through an accessible, interactive, collaborative educational environment which strengthens learning and facilitates critical thinking and problem-solving competencies. Finally, it supports students with services that foster academic success.
The institutional objectives of the University of North America are:
• To provide academic quality through rigorous academic standards with a commitment to interactive, effective learning for adults;
• To create a student-centered environment accessible to individuals of diverse ages, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds;
• To enable students to achieve their career and professional goals by providing a relevant and supportive learning environment;
• To develop educational programs that join theory and practice and instill in students the spirit of applied learning;
• To promote globally responsible perspectives in the curriculum and among students and faculty;
• To educate diverse student populations locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
The rationale for the founding of the University is encapsulated in the University motto: Education that Transforms! In essence, the motto expresses that earning a University of North America degree enables students and alumni to transform themselves through advancement in their careers and professions, while positioning them to address the demands of a changing world environment which is transforming applications in business and technology.